January 13, 2014

My Weebly Tricks Basic Guide

Posted by Domz at 1/13/2014

I made this informative article to help you understand some of the terms or styles I used in my blog. It doesn't sound good repeating words over and over again so before you read any articles, please remember all these things. In addition, I am recommending you to learn simple tags for CSS and HTML in w3schools.com. Knowing the basic tags will help you modify the code and its contents to fit in your site. Anyway, here are some basic knowledge:

  • Make sure you have the latest version of your browser, newer codes are not working on older version of browsers. To check if it's applicable for you, visit the demo in each article first.
  • Files in .js are JavaScript and can be downloaded by right clicking on it and choose “save link as”.
  • Try not to rename any files you downloaded. Upload them at once to minimize time and use a complete source address for each file when inserting them to the codes.
  • You can edit <head> in various ways with different area of effect, just click here.
  • If I’m talking about editing HTML/ CSS, the directory is go to Weebly > Design > Edit CSS/ HTML
  • Unlike blogger, the easiest way to back up a single lay out is by using copy paste via notepad. For the whole site, go to Settings > Archive/ Un-publish > Create Archive.
  • Always complete the link address of uploaded files. They must start with http://yourwebsite.com/files/theme/yourpicture.png or else it won’t be recognized.
  • Never insert codes inside other codes, try to look for the endings like </head> and </body> or at the beginning like <body> and <head>. Other closing tags are </div> and </span>.
  • You can easily recognize html codes in plain text to my post because they are in code box.
These are my simple guides and I would like to thank you for lending your time reading it. I may add some soon.


Get email updates and more access! (Free)
Email *
email marketing by activecampaign


If you enjoyed this post and wish to be informed whenever a new post is published, then make sure you subscribe to my regular Email Updates. Subscribe Now!

...

0 comments:

Have any question? Feel Free To Post Below:

 

© 2014. All Rights Reserved | My Weebly Tricks | Template by Blogger Widgets

Home | | Privacy Policy | Top